Thursday, December 10, 2015

Happy 30th Birthday Matthew! Penny Black Your Way







Happy 30th Birthday Matthew!




My baby turns 30 today! I can't believe how the time has flown by!  This is the first of his birthdays I have not gotten to see him, so I have a wee bit of Mama blues. This is bad to say, but because of the holidays, sometimes he gets a card and sometimes he doesn't, so I think he will be impressed! LOL

I bought this perfect Penny Black Your Way stamp for his card. Matt is a software developer, so he spends a lot of time in front of computers! 

I stamped it 3 times and layered the image to give it some fun dimension.  It is colored with copics and then added on to MME Kraft Funday Everyday cardstock. Matt is not big into color so I kept it toned down. I made it so that he is wearing the shirt I got him last year for Christmas...it says "Pugs not Drugs".  We are a pug lovin' family even though we don't have any in our family right now! 





A busy time this month with working and holiday preparations....I have a pile of holiday stamps I want to make up, but not sure that is going to happen....Maybe I will get to sit down to color some evening...


I am entering in the following challenges:

Penny Black and More Challenge-Anything Goes with a Stamp 12/30
Through the Craftroom Door-Anything Goes 12/15
Use Your Stuff Challenge Blog-Stamping 12/12
Decorate to Celebrate-Anything Goes 12/23
As you like it Challenge Blog-Masculine and why? because it was for my son's birthday!12/15
Seize the Birthday-Anything Goes 12/15


Sue

Pin It!

18 comments:

Nana said...

What a fun masculine card. Love the scene you created and the layering
Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
♥ Paper & Stitches ♥

Lori said...

This is such a fun card! Love that you popped it up to give it some dimension. Thanks so much for joining our stamping challenge this week at Use Your Stuff!

Sandy said...

He ought to love your card Sue -- my son-in-law is a computer programmer too. My first kid turned 50 this year. YOU have a long way to go -- my baby is 46!
Merry Christmas Sue!
Sandy xx

Ellibelle said...

Perfect card for your son! Love how you popped up the main image, and fabulous colors too!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and more!

Lorie said...

That is a seriously awesome card Sue! So glad you got a card out to him!

Brenda said...

This card is amazing! I love the layering and your wonderful coloring. I'm so glad you played along with us at As You Like It Challenge! Thanks for sharing. Brenda

scraphappenswithrhonda said...

so cute thank you for joining challenge at dtc. hugs

Deloris said...

Fabulous masculine card! I'm sure he loved it!

Hope you have a great day!

Karen C said...

LOL, Pugs not drugs! hahaha, love it! Great card too! So glad you came Through ‘The Craft Room Door’ to play! Can't wait to see more of your talent! Just as an FYI – the TTCRD magazine is out! Make sure you check it out!!
Hugs,
Karen C

Leslie Miller said...

The perfect stamp for him! Love the dimension and how you personalized the shirt. So cute! I doubt I'm going to get all my new Christmas stamps colored, either. Been struggling with some computer issues that have taken way too much time!

Helen said...

Awesome card - I bet he loved it!
Just popped by to say 'Happy Birthday' to you...noticed it was today when I stopped by the PBSC DT blog for your address to send your Christmas card to. Hope you're having a fabulous day!
Helen x

Sharyn Polesel said...

That image is awesome....love it! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Majo said...

Beautiful image on your card! Thanks for joining us this week at *Use Your Stuff*!

Majo (DT)

Scrapper69 said...

Your card is so COOL Sue! LOVE the Image! Perfect Masculine card!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

KandA said...

Really super male design card. bet your son loved it xx

Mojca said...

Waw this looks really gorgeous and sweet. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It Challenge. hugs! Mojca

Linby said...

What a great personalised card, just love all the details you added.
Thanks so much for taking the time to enter our December challenge at Penny Black & More.
Lynn x
DT

susiestacey said...

Great card Sue just perfect for your son - my electric sockets resemble those. Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More 'Anything Goes with a stamp' challenge and good luck x Susan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...