Thursday, December 18, 2014

Believe in the magic! Go Oregon Ducks!!!



If you follow college football at all, you know that the Oregon Duck football team will be playing in the Rose Bowl on January 1st! Our family is so excited for the new Heisman trophy winner too...Congrats to Marcus Mariota-the Oregon Ducks quarterback!!!

Having two daughters that graduated from the University of Oregon, it is only natural that my family is thrilled to have U of O in the playoffs for the national title! Our family really gets into the Ducks games! My Mom even calls me after every touchdown and yells Woo Hooo and then hangs up! It has become a tradition!

 I am known for making a green and yellow Oregon Duck project here and there....
so this is my latest Duck card. This card just  had to be a Christmas card. Took me forever to find time to finish it-stamping time is at a premium!!!



I used a fun Penny Black Duckling stamp as well as a partial sentiment (yes, I cut apart my sentiment stamp-but I put it back together after I was done-I promise!)  from a new Mama Elephant stamp set-Believe in  Magic  and also stamped on the back of the card with the  Paper Smooches Just For You stamp set. I am not always good about signing the back of my cards so I was happy to be 'prompted' to do just that with this set! You can find both of these sets at Inspiration Emporium and get a 10% if you use the code suestamps13.


I also used an Impression Obsession spiral flower die to make the little Roses that I stuck over the tulips on the original stamp...after all, it is the Rose Bowl! The red  bow and the "O"  were cut with my Silhouette and the designer paper is Doodlebug-Home for the Holidays. The solid cardstock is from SU! (I really miss Summer Sun).


On a side note:

...... my crafty friend Kecia Waters is rooting for her team in the playoffs too-Ohio State is one of the top 4 as well. She makes the best Ohio State team inspired cards! I  always get tickled over her creations-You can see them HERE,





See You Soon!  ♥ Sue

Go DUCKS!!!


Pin It!

7 comments:

Sandra H said...

So pretty is your card!

Deloris said...

So fun! That's one of my favorite PB stamps. It always makes me smile.

*Vicki* said...

This makes for such a fun personalized design!! I love that cute duck!! :) Wishing you a Merry Christmas & best wishes for the up-coming New Year! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
My Blog: Stamp Smiles

Leslie Miller said...

Dang, cute! I laughed out loud about your Mom. Hilarious! I'm so proud of Marcus and the Ducks!

Darnell said...

We'll be rooting for your sensational Ducks, Sue! They should buy your card from you and make posters!! Thank you for stopping in to see me and leaving Christmas wishes! I, too, wish you and yours a Merry Christmas and all the very best in the new year!! Hugs, Darnell

Kecia said...

And what a fabulous Rose Bowl it was...just as fabulous as this card. Congrats on the win!

Understand though, that I now must say "Go Buckeyes"!!!

Tammie Edgerton said...

Seriously, how in the world did I miss this fantastic card?!? OMGosh...I absolutely LOVE it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...