Tuesday, May 28, 2013

WOYWW 208-4 year anniversary!










Thanks to all my fellow What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday friends! You do bring sunshine to my life! It has been 4 years since our leader Mzzz Julia started WOYWW! Where has the time gone??? I did not get around to making any ATC's, but I would love to send one of these cards to a fellow WOYWW'er(one must go to the Mrs. of course.). Please leave me a heads up in your comment if you would like me to send you one!( I will draw to see who I send to.)

I have been playing along for a little over 3 years now...I had to go back and look at all my WOYWW posts over these last years(here is my very first post)-pretty funny to see the progression of my desk/craft area-through crafting and wedding preparations for my daughter too! I love to see the chronicle of my life in terms of my desk! What fun! A person can not ask for better friends than I have met hangin' at Julia's house!

This week I have been rearranging my crafty area again...slowly bringing my upstairs craft room down to my family room. I have mixed feeling about the move...I LOVE my upstairs craft room, but it is so isolated-and I  love being in the family room-that way I can craft everyday. A catch 22-who thinks they will end up with a craft room within a main space...leave it up to me!


 A neat technique I saw on a challenge a while back. The sentiment is stamped on the base card and then stamped again on the sun and then aligned to give a 3D effect. Cool huh?  This lovely stamp is a Technique Tuesday stamp by Ali Edwards-I told you you would see more of this stamp set. This lovely quote stamp plays nicely into the Inspiration Emporium Quote Challenge for May. You can see the challenge here . You all would love this challenge-a lot of altered art in this May challenge, and I know how you all love your altered projects!


I had to make a couple to see which one I liked the best!

My desk this week not too messy, but do you see anything new? Not saying-will wait to see if you can figure it out! You can see The Voice on TV at the other side of the room,  some cute little school bus boxes sitting on my desk that I made a while back...just lots of schtuff......now--have you figured it out yet?

Well here we go-on to year 5!!! Thanks Mrs. Dunnit!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Card details:
Stamps: Ali Edwards/Technique Tuesday Bring On the Sun (10% discount with code suestamps 13)
Cardstock: Basic Black and Rosy "Love" blossom yellow dots by MME.
Ink: Versafine Black
Misc: pop dots
Silhouette cut files were the sun and the pinked circles

Pin It!

30 comments:

Belinda Basson said...

I really like the idea to stamp it twice and pop the top layer. Happy WOYWW4. #12

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh Sue that sentiment is just lovely..I need to go investigate that. Are you Sue 2 Screens now? And as for that huge lamp - talk about task lighting!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I remember when I first "met" you. You had that awesome soda crate filled with Copics. I'd never even heard the word before: COPIC, what is it? Now I've been educated, in part, thanks to you.

Happy WOYWW4 from # 21.

Helen said...

Happy WOYWWversary! I can't find my first post as I failed to include labels when I started... Hope you have a great day. Helen, 39

Annie said...

It just has to be the second screen thats new? Love your card.
Happy 4th Birthday celebrations and here's to many more.
Hugs,
Annie x

okienurse said...

Great looking desk and I love the card. Please inter my name in the drawing. Happy 4th Anniversary WOYWW! Have a great week. Vickie #14

The Taming of the Glue said...

Even if it isn't the desk lamp (new thing) I still have "lamp envy!" Happy 4th WOYWW. Pam#36

ria gall said...

Hi Sue
You have a great desk going on there and I am sure once you have moved all your crafting to the family room you will be happy to be there.
Your card is really pretty
Wishing you and everyone a Very Happy WOYWW today
Ria #50

Maisie Moonshine said...

Great technique and such a gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing MMx #85

KatzElbows said...

That is a great technique, on a wonderful card. Thank you for the inspiration.

Happy anniversary,
Love Rachel, #48

Anonymous said...

Happy Special WOYWW. What a gorgeous and cosy family room you have. I am doing the opposite and will have an isolated upstairs craft room when we move over to the farmhouse. I will miss being able to pop into the kitchen or answer the door - but it will mean that I will be less distracted, hopefully! Haven't visited you before, but have you got a 2nd screen? Gorgeous sunny card. Thank you for giving us the chance to receive one. Ali x #93

voodoo vixen said...

Oh I think crafting with other people about to chat to or watch TV sounds ideal. I am in the basement so end up all alone!! LOL I love that idea for the 3D effect of the stamping, it looks fabulous! Happy 4th WOYWW Anniversary! Annette #2

Angie said...

Happy 4th ...love that technique ...great effect ...and I love The Voice and all the other talent shows too.xx71

SueH said...

It’s amazing that the internet can bring together so many likeminded people and I’m grateful that WOYWW has also brought along so many new friends, thanks to Julia.

Your desk looks very busy this week Sue, especially with the extra screen that seems to have found a place on there. Loving the card, it very clever.

Enjoy your Wednesday snooping on this very special Day
Happy Crafting!
Sue @82
x

ike said...

That's fabulous - what a super idea to stamp twice and pop one !!! :-D May have to snitch that idea :-)

Well - I see 2 screens on your desk now !!! :-)

Happy WOYWW 4th Anni :-D

IKE xx #124

www.ikesart.com
http://suzy-ikesworld.blogspot.com

roffeycreations said...

Hi Sue - I only know whats new cos everyone else said it - I use 2 screens at work and at home having only one seems a hindrance LOL...
Happy WOYWW 4TH Birthday...Mxx #137

Minxy said...

For 4 years now i've been dropping by,
To view your desk and see what I can spy,
Will it be a card, some stash or ATC,
whatever it is, thanks for sharing it,
Have a Happy WOYWW 4th Anniversary

Hugz Minxy #60

Alison Scott said...

Great cards and a beautiful sentiment.
Happy WOYWW 4th Birthday
Alison
#77

Elizabeth said...

Hello Sue, happy 4th anniversary to you :) I think I'd like to be in the family room too - nice to have some company whilst crafting - but I don't think my DH would weather the idea somehow. You have two screens on your desk now ... is that it? Love your sunshiny card with that super sentiment. Hope you've had a lovely WOYWW, Elizabeth x #155

Nikki said...

Amazing card it's pretty love it Happy WoYWW hugs Nikki #145

Unknown said...

Such a cool technique. I have not seen that before. Hope you enjoy your new space. I am set up in the corner of a den area and love it when everyone else is hanging around while I craft. :)

Gill Edwards said...

nice craft table, its good to be amongst the family i reckon so long as they leave you in peace to craft eh

Happy WOYWW 4

Gill x #132

peggy aplSEEDS said...

i'm dropping by to say happy 4th WOYWW anniversary! i would love to be in the draw for a lovely sunny card!
hugs,
peggy aplSEEDS@11

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Very cool indeed. Today it is only 3D we looking in...last week it was 4D....haha Love Love Love the card and sentiment just as much as your cool technique.

BJ said...

Love your sunshiny card and the 3d sentiment, adding both to my memory banks. BJ#76

scrappymo! said...

Love your lovely, bright card bringing sunshine into our day!

Happy belated WOYWW4!

JD/ Jill said...

Bright, cheery, card! Very nicely done!

Serendipity Stamping said...

'Who wouldn't love to receive your bright cheerful card. I have seen so many post that they don't like yellow, but it is one of my favorite colors to work. It is Sunday and I have been skipping around on names and am far from done. #47

Kecia said...

You know I love this card! And the peeks onto your desk sure make me want to come and create with you. Such fun stuff!

Spyder said...

fantastic card (a cutting machine IS a real must have!) and such a large crafty space showing off everything! Happy VERY late woyww #19

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...