Sunday, March 24, 2013

Great Impressions Jammie Sunday









 Happy Birthday!

It's taking me a wee bit of time to get used to changing over to Jammie day Sunday- but here I am!

Today I am showing off this colorful birthday card I made using Friendship Grows. I left off the sentiment because I wanted this to be a birthday card. I actually had a different stamp in mind when I started this card, but this little  stamp kept calling my name-"use me, use me instead"!

I have used this image HERE for Valentines Day and HERE with the full sentiment, so you can see it is a very versatile stamp!


I saw this very fun technique on the Silhouette blog where you can use pens in  your cutting machine to get the dashes around the edges of your cardstock. It was not my steady (ahem) hand drawing those dashes - but a  very  fun design indeed.

I do not have washi tape as suggested in the tutorial, so I used strips of bright and cheerful Bo Bunny paper which included the Happy Birthday Sentiment.  The scalloped base was also cut on my Silhouette.

I hope you can take a few minutes and check out the Great Impressions Stamps Blog. We post lots  new inspiration during the week!


See you next week!



card details

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stamps:
G184  Friendship Grows by Great Impressions
Cardstock:Bo Bunny Surprise Collection, Real Red and Gumball Green (SU)cardstock
Ink: Memento Black
Copics:
Meece- C1,2,3,4  R20
Yellow- Y15,18,38
Green- G 43,46
Flower-BG05
Pot-R22,24,27
Misc: dimensionals
Silhouette file-Square Nested-Loni Harris




Pin It!

13 comments:

Deloris said...

Very fun bday card. Love those little critters. They always make me smile.

Mynn xx said...

This is SO cute! Your coloring is absolutely amazing and I adore the bold and bright tones you used! Such a darling card! :)

Julia Dunnit said...

Love it Sue..bright makes me very happy! Such a good idea to use papers too, we can often get hung up not having the right ingredients, and so often, no need..good on ya!

Danni said...

This is so adorable! Love the bright colors!

Sandra H said...

Awwwww Sue what a fab image your card is gorgeous x

Sue said...

Darling little mice (can't get away from those mice). Such a fun card and bright colors, very fetching to the eye.

Hugs
Sue

Kecia said...

So bright and colorful and perfect! Fabulous coloring on those cute little guys!

Anonymous said...

Pure Cute-ness! Adorable coloring and designing Sue!

Glenda Atkins said...

Great card, love the mice image and the layout. Fun, fun!
hugs
Glenda

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

this is one of your favorite images I think and I have enjoyed how you have used him each time. Precious!

Donna Ellis said...

Cute, CUTE with the scallop edges and pretty background you made. Thanks for explaining about the silhouette, and providing the link. These little guys are adorable. It's a birthday flower! LOL instead of a birthday cupcake! Your coloring and shading, as always are so vibrant. I must learn to use brighter colors. Speaking of which, your paper sampler arrived. Thank you very much, Sue. You are right, there is a big difference in the feel of the paper and I can hardly wait to try it out. I clicked on your other links for the cute mousie samples, but the first link is inactive. Thought you might want to know. Thanks again for sharing your darling card - and the link over to GI. hugs, de

Elena said...

I know what you mean when you have one idea in your had and the finished result is different. I really like the idea with the window cut-out! Wonderful Birthday card!

Sandy said...

Happy Birthday to you my little friend- so sweet.
Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...