Monday, October 17, 2011

Outlines Challenge #22-Birthday Bash





Now I am sure you are asking yourself "What the heck?...)

Welllllll, 2 weeks ago we had a Halloween challenge, last week was Fall/Halloween and I just had to show off the new images, so that left me squeezing in this fun Halloween Spooky Shoes image. I have a co-worker who's birthday is Halloween Day! Imagine having a built in celebration!  This is going to her on October 31st! ( I promise the candy will be fresh too LOL)  I could not miss showing off these Spooky Shoes! I have also used parts of two Outlines Sentiments(thanks for the Boo Sandy!), and some gorgeous swarovski crystals on the Spooky Shoes buckles.



 I had an incredibly hard time taking a decent picture of these great spooky witches shoes so....


I decided to take a "scary shoes" picture! Wooooooooooo! (scary noise here too)


These are the other goodie dishes I made.  I bought a box of marshmallow pumpkins, 1 box of marshmallow ghosts, 2 bags of candy corn(hmmm some of these were missing come time to work these up) 1 bag of black licorice and some black jelly beans. The candy goes a long way!

I took these dollar store glass candle holders and spray painted them black...
The glass containers below are from the dollar store as well -except the lidded candy dish which I got at JoAnn's for half price ($3)



I glued the candle holders to the glass containers using E-6000 and left them to set up overnight. Viola! They are now ready to fill and decorate as you wish...image the fun you can have with the other holidays as well!




Please check out what the rest of the team has made for you today!  
Kecia, Jenny, Jeanne, Lisa,  Sandy and Robin !


project details:
----------------------------------------------
Stamps:G-980 Spooky Shoes, C-1050 Happy Birthday Script and C-294 BOO and a little set of eyes from Studio G
Cardstock:  K&Company mat pack
Ink: Memento Black
Copics:
C3,4,5,6
YR 07
YG25
V15,17
Misc: May Arts Silk ribbon (thanks Charlene!), SU ribbon, Labels 8 nestie, $1 Dollar Tree vases and candlesticks, black spray paint, E-6000 glue, lots of yummy candy!
 









Pin It!

23 comments:

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous project and the finished product is gorgeous!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how fun and yummy!! Gorgeous result!!

Deloris said...

Those are fantastic!

Basement Stamper said...

Love what you did with the candlesticks and jars, very cool!!!

Curt in Indy said...

I'm telling you, you have put Martha Stewart to shame with these! I love how you filled the glass containers so artfully! I can picture these sitting on top of my mantel. I just love this! Spooktacular!!!! Best, Curt

Sue said...

Sue, you clever girl, what fun gifts! I love $ store finds. Love how you layered the candy to, very decorative.....Your birthday girlfriend is going to love this as well as the other lucky people who receive them.

Hugs
Sue

Sue said...

Sue, you clever girl, what fun gifts! I love $ store finds. Love how you layered the candy to, very decorative.....Your birthday girlfriend is going to love this as well as the other lucky people who receive them.

Hugs
Sue

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

This idea is fabulous! Thank you for sharing brilliant project!

Danni said...

You are so creative! Love these!! How fun! yummy too..now I want black licorice!

Shirley N said...

OMGosh Sue, this is fantastic! You are so creative, girl, love your Halloween goodies!

Larissa said...

Wow these are all awesome! They are all such a nice gift! :)

Hugs,
Larissa

Jenny Gropp said...

I agree with Kurt.... watch out Martha! Another fabulous project! you have shared!

June Nelson said...

Wow arentyou just so clever these are amazing love em!!!

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

Very neat idea Sue. I'm sure your coworker is going to enjoy it. Thanks for the photos of how you made them.

C said...

No way...these are just too wonderful for words!

I am so kicking myself for sending all my old brass candlesticks to Goodwill! Note to self...check Sue's blog before throwing ANYTHING away!

Sande said...

These are adorable and what a fantastic way to use items from the dollar store and make them look like they just were purchased from the local "very expensive" and gift shoppe. Some very lucky people are receiving these. I have to show them to my grandkidlets...they are going to love them.

Denise Marzec said...

Ohhhh, these are FUN!!

Brandi said...

This completely rocks! After seeing your project I ran out to the dollar store and got some supplies! :) I be posting tomorrow with a link back to you ~ thanks so much for the awesome idea. :)

Pat (mspfd) said...

These are amazing! Fabulous creativity with stunning results. Yum, now I have a craving for licorice!

Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

Those are great and I love your dollar store finds. I like how you can adapt this idea to other holidays and themes. I am a new follower from the Sundae Scoop. Vicky from www.messforless.net

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Wow, you have outdone yourself...and the rest of us! Such a fabulously fun and creative birthday gift ensemble!

Kecia said...

I am a PEEP-aholic. I am in AWE of these!!! WOW! Do you need my address? LOL!

America said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT FUN projects and awesome GIFTS!!! I love how you went finding bargains and transforming them! SOOO BEAUTIFUL AND what FUN INSPIRATION!!! Thank you for sharing sweetie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...